Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up
until your back gets used to it.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

People in the Neighborhood



This photograph is from November of last year. Our friendly neighborhood goanna. I would say this fella is of medium size. About an hour before this particular picture was taken, my wife Holly had spotted him passing by the garden on his way to the coop where we keep the chickens, no doubt, with lunch on his mind.

I ran down from the house, long scythe in hand ready to defend my egg layin' ladies. He kept strutting right passed the chooks paying me no mind as he made his way into the forest. An hour later he re-emerged not 5ft. from our deck!

From time to time I hear the local birds go into a frenzy and I have no doubt if it isn't a snake it's this guy.

1 comment:

  1. That thing is scary. All we worry about is 500lb bears, also scary :)

    ReplyDelete